Sunday, October 1, 2017

Truly Greatful - Top 3 Favorite Color Combos

Hello everyone!
So glad to be back on Craftin Desert Divas' Blog today.

We are jazz thing up a little bit for Diva's blog posts to bring you more variety styles and topics for our blog readers.

From October onward, every week we'll share with you our projects and concentrate on the topic of each week.  For 1st week of October we're focusing :

"Top 3 Favoirte Marker Color Combos"
Here are my most used color combos


Blue : B24 B26 B28 This combo I normally used for any general blue object but if I color Sea I'll use B000 B00 B02 B05
Green : I love to color flowers and there are so many colors of leaves but these are my favorite combos YG21 YG23 YG17 and YG95 YG97 YG99
Brown : For Hair I love to used E42 E44 E47 and hairs that tugged behind I'll add E49.  For animal I find E31 E33 E35 are beautifully and easily blended.

These are in natural blending group for copic markers.  I normally don't go with fancy combo but I'll used reflective light for hi light and seperate the dark and the light areas and that would give the feel of roundness and dimensions.

I hope you like them.  And here are my project that I used blue and brown with abit of green on my mouse from Harvest Wishes stamp.

Here is my project
Showcasing Harvest Wishes stamp and Lantern dies.


And since today is 1st day of October, I also would like to invite you all to join us for our new October Mood Board Challenge.  And here is our Mood Board photo inspiration.



Click here to join us at CDD Facebook Gallery.

Here is my favorite color combo : Blue, Green and Brown


Some of you might know that I love to color nature and create my nature scene so those are colors that I often reached out for.  Well there is orange but I can't color it green or blue right :) I wanted my pumpkins to be deep rich orange to match my October Mood Board photo inspiration.


I decided to created this shaker card using our Lantern dies as my shaker window and filled in with those pretty Maple Leaves sequin.

Here is how I made it


I cut the Lantern die out of brown card stock several times and one of them I attached vellum instead of acetate sheet for the softer look.  On watercolor paper I played with my peerless watercolor and chose the color that closed to the mood board photo.  I also colored the papa mouse from Harvest Wishes and fussy cut him out


I then stacked all the lantern cut pieces altogether and put one with the vellum on top.  I decided to add in the candle die that also from Lantern die.  For the background panel I cut it with Crazy Stitched Frame dies. I temperary put all pieces together and I felt it much needed for something on top of the lantern so I took the pretty bow dies from Shaker Tag dies and cut it from red card stock.  For the sentiment I used Flag Banner dies.

And here how it look after I put all pices together.


I also added in the pumpkins to balance out my images.  I put the papa mouse on form tape and attached the bow on top of the lantern.  I finished it off by sprinkling Maple Leaves sequin here and there and dropped Glossy Accent on the mouse glasses.

I hope you like it as much as I do and Thank you for stopping by today.  I also hope you can play along with us for our October Mood Board Challenge.
There are some prizes to be won.

Hugs,
Jan

Here are CDD products that I used

Harvest Wishes
Lantern Dies
Crazy Stitched Frames
Flag Banner 
Shaker Tag 
Maple Leaves Sequin
Glossy Accent

No comments:

Post a Comment